Substance Abuse & Mental Health Treatment
Sherman Oaks Treatment Center
If you or someone you love suffers from drug or alcohol abuse and addiction, you are not alone. The rate of drug and alcohol addiction in Sherman Oaks is high, but that does not mean you have to struggle alone. Finding the right treatment center can make all the difference, and MCR can help.
Statistics of Addiction
in Sherman Oaks
Data indicates that alcohol and drug abuse takes a hefty toll across Los Angeles County, including Sherman Oaks. A 2016 report found that alcohol and drug use leads to an increased risk of hospitalization, unintended death, motor vehicle accidents, and violent crime.
- In Sherman Oaks, a crime occurs every 12 hours, primarily drug-related crimes. In Western neighborhoods of Sherman Oaks, drug-related crimes happen to one out of every 27 homes, and in the Northern parts, in one out of every 45 homes.
- Alcohol abuse costs an average of 11 billion dollars per year for Los Angeles County. Drug and alcohol abuse in 2019 cost 13 billion dollars.
- Substance abuse disorders for prescription drugs, cocaine, marijuana, illegal drugs, and alcohol were the highest recorded for young adults aged 18 through 25.
If you are struggling with addiction in Sherman Oaks, it might be time to choose an appropriate Sherman Oaks rehab facility.
But where do you start?
Start by figuring out what your goals are. Figure out what substances you want to recover from and what behaviors you want to overcome.
Maybe you have already determined that your family history of addiction has contributed to your current substance use. If that’s the case, you might prefer achieving the goal of getting your family involved in therapy after you undergo one-on-one treatment.
Suppose you have struggled with depression or anxiety most of your life, but you find yourself in a new situation, perhaps a new job or a new home where these feelings are heightened. In that case, you might want to make your rehab goals not only to overcome and quit the substances to which you are addicted but also to get treatment and skills to help you manage your depression and anxiety without drugs or alcohol.
Studio City, CA
What to Look for in a
Sherman Oaks Drug Rehab
When you are evaluating a Sherman Oaks Treatment Center, you need to find a location that is specific to your needs so that you have the highest chance of a successful recovery. Every drug rehab in Sherman Oaks will vary in terms of the services they offer, so it’s up to you to find one that has comprehensive rehabilitation programs that coincide with your addiction recovery goals.
This means evaluating each Sherman Oaks rehab center for:
- The types of programs you want. Many facilities specialize in one type of addiction, such as heroin and medically assisted detox. If you are struggling with addiction to benzodiazepines, a facility that specializes in heroin won’t be the best match.
- Similarly, you might want to consider different Sherman Oaks Treatment Center programs for dual diagnosis. Again, some facilities specialize in treating individual addictions, one at a time, so individuals who struggle with addiction to alcohol and cocaine, for example, need a facility that can treat the withdrawal symptoms and recovery for both types of substances, not just one. Tangentially, if you have underlying mental health problems, bipolar disorder, depression, or other trauma that has led to or exacerbated your addiction, a facility that focuses solely on treating substance abuse won’t be the right fit.
- Drug rehab in Sherman Oaks should have programs that fit your needs. Many rehab centers work exclusively with drug detox or medically assisted detoxification, but they don’t offer long-term inpatient or residential treatment. On the opposite end, you might find facilities that focus only on outpatient therapies but don’t have long-term programs lasting 60 days or 90 days. Inpatient vs. outpatient rehab comes down to your personal preference and what works with your schedule, flexibility, and goals.
- Rehab centers in Sherman Oaks may focus primarily on evidence-based practices, While others might lean toward holistic recovery programs like yoga, meditation, mindfulness, and fitness classes.
- Individuals typically have a wide array of life circumstances and environmental factors that have led to addiction. That means no two people will have the same experience or need the same treatment program. A good rehab center will offer customized rehab that focuses on meeting any of these needs, whether inpatient or outpatient programs, evidence-based or holistic ongoing treatment.
New Perspectives Require New Concepts. Request a Callback 24/7
Why Choose Our Treatment Center Near Sherman Oaks
At our Sherman Oaks treatment center, we value your sobriety. Drug and alcohol addiction are terrible health conditions that damage your life and the lives of those around you, which is why we want to make sure you choose the right rehab program.
A Sherman Oaks rehab facility needs to focus on you and your goals. That is why we start with an initial assessment and evaluation to figure out what substances you struggle with and what underlying mental health issues you might have. We also look at what programs would be most comfortable for you given your age, spiritual or religious beliefs, ethnicity, and culture.
We know that the path to rehabilitation looks different for everyone, and that’s why we help you determine your rehabilitation goals. This might be addressing underlying issues like bipolar disorder or dual diagnosis. It might mean staying sober for just 30 days or for six months.
At MCR, we treat an array of specialties. We don’t focus exclusively on alcoholism or depression. We offer treatment programs for trauma, anxiety, depression, bipolar disorder, illegal drugs, prescription drugs, and alcohol. Our positive track record speaks for itself.
Location matters. Our staff understands that most people simply can’t afford to take months off at a time and jet away to a luxurious five-star rehab center in a foreign country. What’s more, most people need to develop the skills to deal with their cravings and overcome their addiction or the stressors and triggers in their natural environment while in their natural environment. It is easy enough to deal with drug addiction and stress when you are removed from the things that cause you stress. But our Sherman Oaks drug rehab facility gives you skills that you can apply day-in-and-day-out through our intensive outpatient programs and standard outpatient programs. We work with you to provide actionable skills when you come to your therapy sessions. Those skills are things you can use the minute you leave our facility and return home to cope with stress, anger, anxiety, or cravings.
The longer you stick with a program, the higher the likelihood that you will complete your rehab and prevent multiple relapses. We work with you to design longer outpatient rehab programs as well as local community programs so that you always have somewhere to turn and have long-term support as you continue along your path toward recovery and rewarding life.
New Perspectives Require New Concepts. Request a Callback 24/7
Get Help at Our
Sherman Oaks Drug Rehab
If you are ready to embark on drug rehab, let Multi Concept Recovery help. We pride ourselves on offering an array of treatment options with a handful of different traditional therapies and holistic therapies so that you have the skills to overcome your short-term cravings and deal with your long-term stress.
At MCR, we provide comprehensive assessments when you first reach out for help to make sure that we treat co-occurring disorders, not just single addictions. No two people are the same, and no two addiction circumstances are the same. That is why we focus on individualized programs, whether you need help with a partial day program, intensive outpatient, inpatient, or family approaches. We provide services that help you stabilize your addiction, control your symptoms, and reduce your risk of relapse.
Let our staff help guide you along your journey back from addiction.
taking the first step
is all you need to begin healing from suffering.
“Recovery is possible when denial is replaced by willingness.”
– Eric Moore, COO
Our Unique Tracks for Treating Addiction
We believe clients are best served by participating in and choosing their own path to recovery. Multi-Concept Recovery has created a multi-track treatment community offering the following paths:
At MCR, we view our clients with co-occurring disorders and their treatment in the context of their culture, ethnicity, geographic area, socioeconomic status, gender, age, sexual orientation, religion, spirituality, and any physical or cognitive disabilities. Multi Concept Recovery addresses these distinctions to evaluate the unique ways in which a client’s culture may have influenced a co-occurring disorder, leaving no stone unturned to treat each client with the dignity and respect they deserve.
The MCR staff is highly trained and supportive. All clients are exposed to a variety of treatment approaches that are evidence-based treatment modalities, proven to work. We then allow the clients to choose, based on their experiences, which treatment modality they would like to continue with for the rest of their journey.
Treatment at MCR is most certainly not a “one size fits all” type of program. We work with the clients individually to formulate a plan that will assist them to accomplish their goals. “The success of the client is, after all, determined by them and them alone.” This is truly a client-centered approach unique to the addiction treatment industry.